We love our pets. You could say we at Lockaway Storage in San Antonio love all animals, which is why we are happy to support Animal Rescue Connections (ARC) by providing a self storage unit for their upcoming charity drive in partnership with Goodwill!
Based in Bulverde TX, ARC is an all-foster organization where volunteers care for rescued animals in their own homes. Because they are not a shelter, they cannot take in all the animals they are called to care for. What they can do is find the “connections” needed to help with rescued, lost, or found animals.
ARC was founded in 2004 as a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, and serves Comal County, northern San Antonio, Texas and surrounding areas. With a growing number of volunteers and the support of other rescue and shelter groups, ARC is making a difference in the lives of unwanted, forgotten animals in our community’s neighborhoods streets.
The organization exists to educate and assist in all aspects of animal rescue, specifically promoting humane treatment of all animals, spay/neuter of companion animals, and encouraging responsible, humane treatment of stray cat populations.
Lockaway Storage has donated a storage unit for the months of August – October. This unit will be used to store items collected for an annual Goodwill Fundraiser. Goodwill gives a monetary donation for every truck ARC fills in October with approved items. The more trucks we fill, the more money the Rescue can earn!
CALLING FOR DONATIONS
Below is a list of approved items that can be donated and stored in ARC’s self storage unit at Lockaway Storage – North 281.
- Small Appliances (irons, vacuum cleaners, coffee makers, radios, etc.)
- Area rugs
- Bed frames
- Cars (call 877-731-6011 to speak to a rep)
- Dishes, pots, pans
- Small exercise equipment (resistance bands, weights)
- Household Furniture (sofa, chairs, kitchen sets, end tables, coffee tables, etc.)
- Lawn Furniture
- Hand Tools
- Media Items (DVD, VHS, CD, Vinyl Records, Blu-Ray, etc.)
- Lamps in working condition
- Sports equipment (baseballs, basektballs, fishing poles, footballs, golf, hockey, tennis, etc.)
- Non-CRT televisions