Top 8 Home Renovation Trends Happening in 2023
Owning your home has many advantages, and one of the best is the ability to update it with the latest home renovation trends without having to seek your landlord's approval. Our homes are our sanctuaries; where we can unwind, work, socialize with friends and family, and play with our pets. Upgrading our homes to make them more accessible, comfortable, and stylish can be very gratifying in the short term and increase the home's value in the long run.
Whether you're committed to enhancing your home this year or just exploring your options, Lockaway Storage is here to offer you our top eight home renovation trends. Rest assured that these trends will stay in fashion until the end of 2023. Unlike fashion, home design and décor trends tend to evolve at a slower pace. So, take your time to explore these ideas and find the ones that suit your style and budget.
Home Renovation Trends for 2023
In the world of home remodeling, experts concur that 2023 will be marked by a focus on enhancing comfort and functionality. Although many of us are still looking to save money rather than splurge, the prevailing home renovation trends suggest that any upgrades we undertake should serve our emotional and physical needs to be worthwhile. In other words, our renovations must perform double duty to meet our standards. Lockaway Storage is in the business of making our customers' home renovations easy by offering storage to help store your belongings while you finish your home projects.
1. Bold Colors are Back – Bold colors are making a comeback in home décor. From wallpaper to paint colors to throw pillows. Say goodbye to the minimalist aesthetic of Scandinavian design, and opt for eye-catching colors, shapes, and designs that make a statement without words. Whether you choose to incorporate bold colors in your wall color or decor choices, this trend offers endless opportunities to express your personality and add vibrancy to your home.
2. Natural Light – Spending more time indoors than ever before has highlighted the importance of natural light in our homes. Not only does it provide a connection to the outdoors, but it also provides a healthy dose of Vitamin D that can lift our moods. If you are eager to bring more natural light into your living space, by letting in more natural light, you can enjoy the benefits of a brighter and more sustainable home.
3. Luxe Living – Say goodbye to minimalism and hello to maximalism. This year, home design is all about rich fabrics, sumptuous textures, and deep jewel tones. The focus is on luxurious living and cultivating an elevated mindset. But don't be mistaken; luxurious living doesn't have to equate to being fancy or costly. This luxe look isn't about glam, shine, or glitz but instead creates spaces that exude warmth, coziness, and a sense of collectedness. Expect to see rooms featuring plush cushioned seating, soft rugs, layered lighting, pillows, and throws made from opulent materials.
4. Work From Home (WFH) Office – As an increasing number of people work remotely, designing a workspace that balances comfort and functionality has become paramount. Your work environment can significantly impact your productivity and energy levels, so ensuring that your WFH office space is equipped with the proper lighting, furniture, and technology is crucial to put you in the best frame of mind. Whether you're renovating an existing workspace or creating a new one from scratch, remember that comfort and functionality are vital to achieving a productive and positive work experience.
5. Efficient Energy Usage – With the recent passage of the Inflation Reduction Act, homeowners are more focused than ever on reducing energy costs and creating eco-friendly living spaces. If you are planning a renovation project in 2023 that involves replacing appliances or windows, consider investing in energy-efficient options. While they may cost more upfront, these products are designed to save you money and reduce your environmental impact over the long term. By choosing energy-efficient appliances and windows, you can cut down on your energy bills and contribute to a more sustainable future.
6. Buying Organic Products – This trend strikes a perfect balance between the natural warmth of the Earth and the sleek minimalism of modern design. It's an inviting and understated style featuring muted earth tones that blend seamlessly with soft whites. Imagine layering fabrics made from cotton, wool, and ceramics in harmonious earthy hues. This trend celebrates the beauty of simplicity and embraces a back-to-nature aesthetic that creates a peaceful and soothing atmosphere in your home.
7. Home Retreats – Amid the ongoing global crises, people are increasingly seeking emotional comfort and refuge in their homes. To create a sense of sanctuary, many are incorporating luxurious and cozy elements, such as super comfortable sofas, plush cushions, and indulgent bedding. Spaces for yoga or meditation, spa-like bathrooms, rock gardens, and quiet work areas have also become popular features. By transforming their homes into a peaceful retreat, people are finding solace and comfort in a world that often feels chaotic and unpredictable.
8. Outdoor Living Spaces – As people continue to spend more time at home, homeowners are increasingly seeking ways to expand their living space beyond the four walls of their homes. This trend is set to continue in 2023, with a growing emphasis on creating comfortable and functional outdoor living areas. From decks and patios to gardens and green spaces, homeowners are exploring creative ways to maximize their outdoor areas. As the weather warms up in the spring, this trend is expected to gain even more momentum as people look for ways to enjoy the great outdoors from the comfort of their homes.
We hope the trends we've highlighted above will inspire you for your 2023 renovation. Remember, it's your space, so make sure it reflects your personality and needs, regardless of current home renovation trends. When you decide on your renovation project, check out your local Lockaway Storage and fit the perfect storage solution for your renovation needs.
It's important to note that due to labor and material shortages, as well as inflation, your renovation may cost more and take longer than expected. This is a common challenge for many renovations. However, patience and a sense of adventure will help you navigate any obstacles. Ultimately, a more comfortable and functional home will make the cost and inconvenience of remodeling worthwhile.